EAA 800 Meeting Minutes
17 October 2009
The meeting was called to order by Jay at 10:22 AM at Dag's hanger
- Jay talked to Montrose about a joint calendar order and asked the floor for suggestions as to how many we should order. It was agreed to order 30 for both chapters.
- Ed is doing well and would appreciate visitors
- Bev is doing well and asks that you call ahead before visiting (she needs to bring the dogs in!).
- Ray went elk hunting so we don't have a treasure's report this month.
- Steve debriefed Young Eagles from 26 Sept - 41 kids flown - 4 aircraft (5 pilots) - 5 ground crew - much fun was had by all and many thanks to everyone who helped make this a great weekend for the kids.
- Sterling reports that he has finished the incorporation paperwork
- Jay closed the business meeting at 10:45 AM
After Business Meeting
- Jay asked for project progress reports
- Ross Talbott donated a new Spruce catalog to the chapter library
- Jay introduced Paul Spackman, a fellow Quickie builder, who flew in from Casper to show off his project
- based on the Q2 airframe with a Jabiru 3300 engine in place of the VW engine in the plans
- the Jabiru produces 120HP at SL takeoff and 100HP in cruise
- Jay showed us how to measure the wing cord using his homemade tool (that he described in an earlier meeting)
Don cooked up a fine selection of burgers and dogs for lunch.